Trust Administration | Rochester
In most cases a trust can be administered without court intervention, and probate is avoided. However, trust administration can be a very complex process.
A trust administration definitely has some advantages over a probate proceeding as well. Some of these advantages include a a greater degree of privacy due to there being no court supervision of the process, a much less expensive manner of distributing the property to beneficiaries in most cases and potentially a quicker distribution of the property to beneficiaries.
In nearly all trust administrations, our attorneys will assist the trustees of the trust with the following:
- Read and understand the terms of the trust and contact any named co-trustees
- Delivering notice to beneficiaries and heirs
- Meet with financial, real estate, and tax professionals as necessary to develop an accurate inventory with valuations, and to make sure that all assets are properly titled in the trust
- Collect death benefits
- Prepare and file tax returns, pay bills, and prepare a final accounting
- Finally, distribute trust assets according to the terms of the trust
Our goal in any probate or trust administration is to make a complex process as simple as we can for you. If you have been named the personal representative or executor of a probate estate or trustee in a trust administration please contact one of our probate and trust administration attorneys today at 507-534-3119.
GENERAL CONTACT INFO
- Please Click Here
- 2020 2nd Street SW
Rochester, Minnesota 55904
- 100 4th Ave SE
Plainview, MN 55964
- 136 Main St. E
Wabasha, MN 55981
|Mon – Fri.||9:00 – 5:00|